Thursday, March 8, 2012

Relationship with God




This is a book reviewed in The New Yorker (April 2, 2012). An anthropologist spent four years following the practices of an evangelical group to gather material for this book. She is both scientifically objective and non-judgmental. The book is informative of religious practices, but leaves open for further investigation the nature of God’s relationship to individuals.

The God of Common Sense
is my investigation of my own personal relationship with God. When I meditate, I feel God influences my spirit. He does not talk to me but I come out of the quiet refreshed. I needed this renewal while raising five children, chairing a theatre department, battling cancer and surviving a heart attack. Writing my book, I discovered confidence and optimism were always my companions on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment